Monday, September 14, 2009

9/17 Meeting - Diana Petruccelli

We are very excited to welcome Diana Petruccelli from the American Cancer Society as our speaker for this week. Our meeting is from 5 PM to 6 PM in COM 317. Check out Diana's bio below to find out more about her! See everyone on Thursday :)

Diana Petruccelli Bio:
"I graduated from COM in '04 and majored in Public Relations. I started working at the American Cancer Society the day after graduation in a temporary position as a Recruiter for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer covering the Boston and Cambridge region. Later that Fall, after the walk had ended, I was hired internally in our Health Initiatives department working with Volunteers and Health Systems in the Metro Boston area. In 2005, I returned to Boston Strides working as a Strategic Planner with our data and online systems. Last year, I briefly worked as Director of Corporate Relations in the Greater Boston area and the state of Maine. This past April, I returned to Boston Strides yet again as Walk Manager.


When I first decided to major in Public Relations, I planned on having more of a political focus. I was born and raised in East Boston, MA and come from a very political community and family. However, during the Fall semester of my Senior Year, I enrolled in Non-Profit PR. Our final project was to write up a plan for an American Cancer Society Relay for Life event in our hometown. After researching ACS for this project, I was hooked! I loved everything the organization stood for and I still do.

I currently reside in Danvers, MA and have a 3-year old daughter."

1 comment:

Du Jour said...

It was so nice meeting Diana at the Making Strides brainstorm! I'm really looking forward to seeing her again!