Monday, May 19, 2008
I am sure we are all excited to enjoy and relax for the next three months! Again, I wanted to THANK YOU all for a great semester!! The e-board is excited and ready for the Fall! I am sure many of you are doing exciting things this summer and I just wanted to give you some ideas on how to get the most out of your internship or summer jobs!! Here are some thoughts...
- Ask questions!! If you don't feel you are being given enough work or want to know more about your projects don't hesitate to ask! Your eagerness and interest will help you stand out!
- Ask to make copies of all the work you have contributed to. These will come in handy in the Fall when we start putting together our portfolio's. Items like: press releases, significant e-mails, product or service material... anything that you are proud of!!!
- Thank you cards are a great way to leave a lasting impression! You don't need anything fancy either.
- Be sure to keep all the contact information of your employers! After your internship building a long-term relationship is key! You never know when you may need advice or help looking for a job!
Most importantly... ENJOY THE SUMMER!! If you have any questions about ANYTHING feel free to email BUPRSSA@gmail.com! We wish you a happy summer!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Hope your summers have started off well. If you are still searching for a summer internship, we have a great opportunity that we'd like to announce. If you're interested in tech or web this may be for you! Check out Health Care For All. It's a non-profit that our very own Jean Leu (a past PRSSA president) works at. You'll be able to work along-side one of her fabulous colleagues and help provide support to the Development and Communications Department!
Here's a brief description of the internship position:
Health Care For All, (HCFA) a leading Massachusetts consumer health care advocacy organization, is seeking an intern to support the Development and Communications Department.
The Development and Communications intern will be responsible for supporting the management of Health Care For All’s donor database and website using a content management system, City Soft.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Assist with loading content onto the websiteFor more information, go to: http://www.hcfama.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.viewPage&pageID=897&nodeID=1
• Manage dead links on the Health Care For All website and related sites as needed
• Data entry
• Managing duplicate contact entries
• Other assignments as required